Have you people checked out the World as a Blog?
As a new post comes in, somewhere in the world (assuming they have Geotags), a blip shows up on the map with an excerpt of their post. Few things impress me these days. THIS is definitely one of them. I can stare at this thing for hours!
- What? Real time & updating display of weblog postings, around the world
- How? Weblogs.com + geocoding + RSS
- Is it really real-time? Nearly! Weblogs.com updates about once per minute. the geo-blog poller checks about once per minute. and flash checks in with the server about once per minute. so at worse, it’s 3 minutes in the past, at best 1 minute.
- Why so few blogs? Only ~13% of weblogs are geocoded (May 2003)
- How do I? Add GeoTags and RSS tag to your Blog, then Ping Weblogs.com
- What is Online@GeoBlog? View who’s watching geoblog right now. Sign in with your url. Must have geo tags to be represented.
- Contact mikel_maron at yahoo.com – Brain Off