Pro Tip Multiple Terminal Management in VS Code
Published: Feb 10, 2023
VS Code Tip of the Day
Open your terminal in vs code by pressing Ctrl+`.
You can add multiple terminals by clicking the plus button or Ctrl+Shift+`.
You can move between terminals by using Ctrl+PageUp/PageDown.
You can also create split terminals and move between terminals in a group using Alt+ArrowUp/ArrowDown.
But we have these terminals and it’s not clear what they are for.
We can rename these to backend and frontend.
We can change the colors.
We can even change the icons. We could change the backend icon to a server and the frontend icon to a person.
And if you really want to go next level with your terminals, move them into the editor area!
Creating multiple terminals in Visual Studio Code is so helpful when you need to do something like spin up your backend and frontend separately.
Become A VS Code SuperHero Today: https://vsCodeHero.com
Join my Discord developer community: https://discord.gg/A9CnsVzzkZ
Tools I use:
- codeSTACKr VS Code Theme: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/…
- STACKr Code Font (Exclusive to my VS Code Course – https://vsCodeHero.com)
- SuperHero Extension Pack: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/…
- PayPal: https://paypal.me/codeSTACKr
- Playlist: Web Development For Beginners – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez4yH…
Connect With codeSTACKr:
- Website: https://www.codestackr.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/codeSTACKr
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/codeSTACKr
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/codeSTACKr