Create Dynamic Motion Blur In Photoshop
By Photoshop Training Channel
Published: May 17, 2022
Let me show you how to create dynamic blurs in Photoshop.
- Start by duplicating the Background Layer twice.
- Work with the top layer first.
- Go into “Select” and choose “Subject”.
- Then click on the Layer Mask Icon to remove the background.
- To avoid ghosting with blurring, remove the foreground from the background.
- To do so, hold CTRL (or Command), and click on the Layer Mask Thumbnail to load the mask as a selection.
- You can then enable the layer below.
- Go into “Edit,” and choose “Content-Aware Fill”.
- Make sure to output to the current layer, and press “OK”.
- Next, convert the background into a Smart Object to have the ability to edit the blur.
- Enable the top layer, and go into “Filter” > “Blur Gallery,” and choose “Path Blur”.
- Drag to orient the blur in the scene.
- You can even add multiple paths to create multiple blurs.
- Use the controls on the right to adjust the blur over your image.