STOP Renaming Things in VS Code This Way!
Published: Feb 06, 2023
Become A VS Code SuperHero Today: https://vsCodeHero.com
Join my Discord developer community: https://discord.gg/A9CnsVzzkZ
VS Code Tip of the Day
How do you rename functions, variables, classes, and other symbols in visual studio code?
Do you go one by one renaming them? I hope not.
Do you use the find and replace menu to replace them all? That’s better.
Maybe you use Ctrl+D or Ctrl+Shift+L to select all occurrences of that word. That could work, but it’s still not the easiest way.
All you have to do is put your cursor on the symbol that you want to rename and press F2, then rename it. That’s it. It will automatically be renamed everywhere that it’s referenced.
Tools I use:
- codeSTACKr VS Code Theme: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/…
- STACKr Code Font (Exclusive to my VS Code Course – https://vsCodeHero.com)
- SuperHero Extension Pack: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/…
- PayPal: https://paypal.me/codeSTACKr
- Playlist: Web Development For Beginners – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez4yH…
Connect With codeSTACKr:
- Website: https://www.codestackr.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/codeSTACKr
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/codeSTACKr
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/codeSTACKr